Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Tip: psconfig saved my local SharePoint environment

Once in a while, your local SharePoint installation may become corrupted. It happened to me today. I experienced diverse problems and symptons. Most noticable the malfunctioning of SharePoint search: crawling no longer worked, connect to the SharePoint Search service gave a "not able to access remote service". And when I inspected the eventlog, I detected several Office Server Search errors:
A seemingly total other problem was upon site collection creation via a custom site definition. This site definition applies a custom SPWebProvisioningProvider. Here I encountered a problem in loading the assembly of that provider, due to apparently missing referenced (system) assemblies.
When I next activated custom FeatureReceiver code that programmatically manages the Search content sources, SharePoint threw a Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.DeletedConcurrencyException with message Object e26da097-50ff-4386-b3f6-2b2b30f73b96 not found. This was the start to fixing my environment... I found via searching on DeletedConcurrencyException a useful advice to run the SharePoint admin tool psconfig:
psconfig -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -wait
And indeed, after doing that magically the above described problems have vanished. That saved my day, I already feared that I had to re-install my local SharePoint environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment